Sunday, August 29, 2010

Q&A with Big Man Kyle Tresnak

Kyle Tresnak To Play True Freshman Year

August 29th Last year Weber State lost center Steve Panos to graduation. And this is Trevor Morris's last year as a Wildcat. We all know and expect Darin Mahoney to be a contributor at the center position this year and next, but who has coach Randy Rahe recruited as the next generation center? The answer is 6'10" big-man Kyle Tresnak. Tresnak, like fellow teammates Byron Fulton and Blake Davis, comes to Ogden from Arizona. It appears that this 225 pound freshman will likely see some playing time as a true freshman this year as well.

Tresnak played his high school ball at Horizon High School where he proved he could score points (his season high was 30 points), block shots (10 in one game), and rebound (season high was 17). From what we've heard, WeberHoops is confident that Tresnak will be able to fit in nicely at Weber State and will continue its tradition of great centers. I plan on hearing his name mentioned along with great past Weber centers like Valeika, Allred, Patten, and Panos.

Here is the Q&A that Tresnak recently did for WeberHoops.com.

Weber Hoops: How has your summer been? Do anything fun?
Kyle Tresnak: My summer has been great. I didn't really do anything special. I just worked out and hung out with my friends.

WH: How much time have you been able to spend in Ogden so far? How have you liked it?
KT: I was in Ogden for the month of June. I loved it.

WH: What do you plan on majoring in?
KT: Business.

WH: Did you really swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon? How did that work out for you?
KT: Haha. Yes I've done it 4 times. It's not that hard to do.

WH: Can you tell us something about you that Weber fans probably don't know? Nicknames, hobbies, etc?
KT: I have a brother that is going to NAU.

WH: What do you think about joining a team with two Arizona guys already on it?
KT: I'm excited. I played on the same AAU team with Blake Davis and watched the both of them through out my high school career.

WH: We are glad you signed with Weber State. What helped you make the final decision to come to Weber?
KT: The coaches were a main factor in my decision. They offered me my junior year and were always calling me and sending me letters. The players were also a main factor. I really felt like I could fit in when I was on my visit.

WH: Any idea on whether you will play or redshirt this year?
KT: As of now I am not going to redshirt, but I'm willing to do whatever the coaches want me to do.

WH: Have you had the opportunity to work out and play with the other in-coming freshmen? Did anyone stand out to you? Do you have any insight on what we can expect to see out of the freshman class this year?
KT: I got to play with them this June. They are solid players and great guys. We'll have to see when the season comes around.

For questions, comments, or thoughts, email me at mark@weberhoops.com

No comments: